As the BFI Screening was yesterday a bunch of Teasers and Reviews have made it on the net.
SFX Twenty Teasers from 'A Christmas Carol':
01. The episode is a tour de force for Matt Smith. Amy and Rory are pretty much sidelined as Smith explodes like a force of nature from the screen. He is magnificent
02. It’s fantasy, through and through. It’s a Christmas whimsy that pays mere lip service to science fiction. This is Moffat’s vision of the show as a dark fairy tale taken further than ever before. We’re predicting some people will have a problem with this. Your enjoyment may be in relation to your ability to suspend disbelief
03. Two articles of clothing from the Doctor’s past make cameo appearances
04. There’s an unexpected continuity reference to the Tom Baker story “Pyramids Of Mars”
05. The Doctor is asked for some advice that he cannot give
06. The Doctor gets married
07. Katherine can act. You might be worried about a singer who’s never acted before taking on such a major role, but she’s really very good.
08. There are more witty, quotable lines per minute than ever before
09. Some of the FX are outstanding, but a couple are, well, shall we just say… over-ambitious
10. The production design is stunning
11. It’s not the most action-packed of Christmas special. There are some great, exciting set pieces, but mostly it’s a character piece
12. Michael Gambon is, of course, amazing.
13. The names in the opening titles are all Christmas-ed up
14. It’s fish and ships for Christmas!
15. It’s very, very, very Christmassy, and quite emotional
16. There’s a trailer for next season at the end (roll over for spoilery info: the Utah shoot looks incredible, we think we spotted an Ood, and there is a mention of Jammy Dodgers!)
17. Two of the Doctor’s trusted aides aren’t quite so reliable
18. Parents may hope that children won’t ask them to explain one gag
19 The final shot would make a good Christmas card
20. The Doctor has one major costume change (other than ones involving putting Father
Christmas hats on)
Digital Spy Ten Teasers from 'A Christmas Carol' :
01.The Doctor finally tells a lie too big for the psychic paper.
02. "The other half is ****** the *****."
03. We learn exactly why bow-ties are cool.
04. Abigail breaks into song twice, but there's an interesting reason why.
05. The Doctor once spent a revealing evening with Frank Sinatra, Einstein and Father Christmas.
06. "Why are they singing?" "For ***** *****."
07. Turns out The Doctor is rubbish at card tricks.
08. "Marilyn, get your coat!"
09. Kazran gets a glimpse at his past, present and future - but not in the way you might expect.
10. "No chance. Completely impossible. Except at Christmas."